Monday, April 5, 2010

5th April

Cat Shapes

Another crack at using a cat silhouette and patterns. I think this is more successful, and I enjoyed incorporating a test strip for watercolour mixes from another painting. I am slowly working my way through a pile of old painting experiments and cutting them up to use as backgrounds or supports for this project - it is satisfying reducing the number of bits of work that I don't know what to do with!
 I am thinking about our cat as I write this, we have booked her into a cattery for a week and I can't help feeling slightly bad for her. She does have her routines and I am sure she will be annoyed at this imposition! It looks a good place with indoor/outdoor space and underfloor heating etc so she should be very comfortable - and yet I feel a bit guilty!

No comments: