Thursday, April 15, 2010

15th April

Holidays

We're back! A break from your usual routine and visiting new places gives us a fresh perspective and the chance to think different thoughts. I fully expected to be full of energy and draw HEAPS, but no, I found my eyes were so full of new things I couldn't settle into anything properly and become overwhelmed with choice. This little selection of quick sketches was fun, but I think it looked better before I put colour in - my travel box of watercolours hasn't had its colours updated for a while and I now prefer a different selection! Typical, I thought I was soooo well organised. Anyhow, I slipped into a rather passive tourist mode and explored, ate, and drove, or was driven, about the countryside just to see what we could see. Nelson is a very pretty place, great climate, I didn't see any graffiti and the shops in the main street were fantastic. No major malls, so I am guessing the middle of town is still functioning as a proper shopping, meeting, doing business kind of place. It was quite buzzy, and I really enjoyed people watching when we sat in a cafe for a while.
As to my daily drawing... I might catch up, we will see. You will have to pardon my lapses, I am trying not to put so much pressure to preform on myself!!

No comments: